VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The international foundation Mesopotamia Observatory of Justice (Mojust) is looking for volunteer interns. We have attached importance to working with volunteer interns since the day we were founded. Interns are involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization.
Interns are involved in the work of the program for a period of 1 to 6 months. They will be expected to be either:
- At the office in Geneva between 10:00 and 17:00 for two days a week. The weekdays on which the volunteer interns will work will be determined with our staff when they start working, or
- Working with Mojust representatives in a virtual setting from their home base, which can be in Geneva, other parts of Switzerland or the world.
Mojust is an independent human rights organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, and aims to reveal the truth about human rights violations, especially in the Middle East, to take initiatives before national and international institutions regarding these violations, and to work to strengthen social memory and support victims in their pursuit of justice.
As you can see in more detail on our website, Mojust’s working areas can be summarized as follows:
- Supporting victims’ search for their rights before International Institutions (ECHR, UN, Interpol, etc.)
- Legal Studies (War Law, Human Rights Law, Humanitarian Law)
- Memory Studies
- Communication and Advocacy
- Regional Cooperation and Capacity Building
Working at Mojust means being a part of a diverse and dedicated team: you will be joining a team of professionals from all over the world, including human rights lawyers, academics and researchers, all committed to addressing injustices and advancing equality and human rights. Voluntary intern candidates can expect to gain valuable insights and experience working for human rights in our team.Every day, our colleagues make a difference, own their potential, and value one another.
Main things you will do:
- You will conduct research within the scope of the current projects being undertaken by Mojust
- You will fundraise for different projects with national and international institutions
- You are fluent in English and French
- You possess strong analytical and communication skills and like to work in the field of human rights
- You are self-motivated, a team worker and have the ability to stay on task with minimal supervision and take the initiative within the context of the tasks/project you are assigned to
If this position interests you, send your CV to: email@example.com
Candidate interviews will be conducted via Zoom or in person in Geneva.
Please note: You have to be eligible to work in Switzerland if you are considering working in our Geneva office. International candidates who expect to work in the Geneva office will be responsible for securing their relevant visas/work permits